coaching services

The art of coaching: Turning possibilities into reality

We live in a fast-changing and increasingly complex world, with demands on our time and attention, plus social media impacting on how we interact with each other and magnifying how we see our place in the world.

We often fall into the trap of ‘shoulds and shouldn’ts’ imposed upon us rather than connecting with we really want deep down. In this increasingly crowded space, many of us find ourselves stuck, unsure of how to move forward in our life and career, feeling the grind of our day jobs or not achieving our best.

Coaching is a space to explore new possibilities. We work with you or your organisation to turn possibilities into reality

The power of coaching is this - you are expected to give people the path to find answers, not the answers.
— Tom Mahalo

Together we will create a safe space for you to think and be listened to, a space for reflection and getting in touch with your true self before setting goals and going for them.

Expect the unexpected. Expect to be challenged to look deep beneath the surface to discover how to make sustainable changes, so that you can finally make that leap – a new job, a better work life balance, a more profitable business, a more positive sense of self or better state-of-mind - or all of the above!

Whatever your objective is, whatever you come to the coaching sessions with, we can tackle things together to get you where you want to be - both physically and emotionally.

Find out how we can help including the range of services we offer or get in touch to start a free consultation with us.

Life Coaching: What it is and isn’t

Coaching is not about giving advice, asking lots of questions or telling people what to do. It’s not about diagnosing people, being a therapist or a counsellor. It's about having someone sit there and be a mirror to you.

A life coach isn't someone who's nailed it at life and can tell you all the secrets of how to nail it too. Being a coach is about being the person who helps someone to help them-self by empowering them – empowering people to see that if the problem lies within, then so does the solution. You will become empowered to seek the right support, become independent or get confidence back in getting what you want out of life.

More than anything, coaching is about listening. Not talking, but really listening to someone who just wants to be listened to and be understood by someone who won't judge. It’s about being listened to by someone who will simply understand you and demonstrate their understanding by reflecting your words and affirming your strengths back to you. 

Most of the successful people I’ve known are the ones who do more listening than talking.
— Bernard M. Baruch

We will help you to reconnect with what really matters to you and help you to work out a plan based on your own personal values. Coaching is not about telling people what they 'should' do. 

Photo by  Casey Horner  on  Unsplash

Photo by Casey Horner on Unsplash

With compassion and without any pressure, we will help you to rediscover who you really are and help you to realise what you need to do to help yourself (almost) all on your own. 90% of the realising comes from you hearing your own words come out of your mouth and the other 10% comes from the coach gently steering and helping you to make a plan.

We will help you realise that as much as negative triggers can make a person spiral downwards, positive triggers can help you to spiral upwards into recovery and good mental health.

When I ask a client “how are you feeling?” at the end of a session and they tell me they feel “energised” or “inspired” – I know I’ve made a difference to them in some way, even if it’s just for that day.

Photo by  Charles Etoroma  on  Unsplash

Some of my clients have said that coaching has worked better or is better suited to them than counselling. They tell me that it worked for them because it’s real and “person to person”.

Find out how we can help including the range of services we offer or get in touch to start a free consultation with us.